Icon Cancer Centre Wesley has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the local Brisbane community since opening in 1988. Located on-site at Wesley Medical Centre, Icon Wesley is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a comprehensive range of medical oncology services and treatment for blood disorders. The centre’s team of caring health professionals and administrative staff strive to provide personalised care and meet the individual needs of each patient and their loved ones. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Car parking is available within the grounds of The Wesley Hospital (hourly rates apply).
By public transport
The centre is approximately 50 metres from the Auchenflower railway station. The bus stop on Coronation Drive is within walking distance. For public transport information, timetables and maps visit translink.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Wesley
- 27-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Minor procedures for diagnostic and prognostic purposes
- Apheresis – Procedures include therapeutic plasma exchanges and stem cell collections
Lymphoedema screening and early intervention service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- Service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types and phases
- Cancer care coordination – A dedicated coordinator is available to support patients and their loved ones from when they receive their diagnosis, through their treatment and beyond
- Pre-admission education clinic
- On-site pathology and pharmacy services
- Access to allied health and support services
- Café (open 6:30am – 4:30pm) – Rose Café is located on the ground floor of the Wesley Medical Centre and offers breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
Dr Paul Eliadis AM
Dr Paul Eliadis AM
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Wesley. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.