Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the local Brisbane community since opening in 1989. Located within the Mater Precinct, the centre is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a comprehensive range of medical oncology services and treatment for blood disorders. Icon’s team of caring health professionals and administrative staff strive to provide personalised care and meet the individual needs of each patient and their loved ones. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Car parking is available within the grounds of the Mater Private Medical Centre (hourly rates apply). Street parking is available for limited hours only (check restrictions prior to leaving your vehicle).
By public transport
The centre is a short walk from the Mater Hill busway station on Stanley Street, which is at level 1 of the Mater Medical Centre. The busway is serviced frequently from both the city and suburbs and is the most convenient way to access the clinic. The centre is also approximately a 10 minute walk from the South Bank railway station. For public transport information, timetables and maps visit translink.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane
- 26-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Apheresis – Procedures include therapeutic plasma exchanges and stem cell collections
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types and phases
- Cancer care coordination – A dedicated coordinator is available to support patients and their loved ones from when they receive their diagnosis, through their treatment and beyond
- Pre-admission education clinic
- On-site pathology and pharmacy services
- Access to allied health and support services
- Café (open 8:00am – 5:30pm) – Zouki Coffee Shop is located on the ground floor of Mater Private Hospital offers breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.