Icon Cancer Centre Redland has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2017. The centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Icon Redland also offers on-site haematology consultations. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site parking is available for patients undergoing treatment.
By public transport
Cleveland train station is located 3.4km from the centre. There are buses that travel from the train station through to Weippin Street, with the closest stop a 10-minute walk to the centre. For specific information on public transport options, please visit Translink or phone 13 12 30.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Redland
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Rapid Access Palliative Therapy – Supporting patients with rapid access to palliative radiation therapy to improve quality of life and control symptoms
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Triggered Imaging – A technique unique to the TrueBeam linear accelerator which enables visual verification that a tumour is being accurately and precisely targeted
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- On-site consultations for patients with malignant and non-malignant blood disorders
Lymphoedema screening and early intervention service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- Service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Dr Dominic Lunn
Dr Dominic Lunn
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Redland. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.