Icon Cancer Centre North Lakes has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the local North Brisbane and Moreton Bay Region community since opening in 2016. Icon North Lakes is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a wide range of cutting-edge treatment options including radiation therapy, chemotherapy and treatment for blood disorders. Our dedicated, multidisciplinary team are committed to understanding each patient’s individual needs and supporting them throughout their treatment journey. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site undercover parking is available for patients undergoing treatment.
By CCQ Transport to Treatment
Cancer Council Queensland’s Transport to Treatment service works with the local community and Cancer Council volunteers to help people travel to their treatment. This service is available for eligible patients located within 25km of the centre (e.g. north to Caboolture, south to Bridgeman Downs, east to Redcliffe and west to Cashmere). For more information about this service and eligibility, please contact our team on 07 3453 0000.
By public transport
The closest train station is Mango Hill. From Mango Hill Station there are buses to and from North Lakes bus station. The North Lakes bus station is only a short walk to the centre and services buses from surrounding suburbs including Scarborough, Redcliffe and Deception Bay. For more information on public transport options, please visit Translink or phone 13 12 30.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre North Lakes
- 15-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Minor procedures for diagnostic and prognostic purposes
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Rapid Access Palliative Therapy – Supporting patients with rapid access to palliative radiation therapy to improve quality of life and control symptoms
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using Varian’s IDENTIFY System – An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- Triggered Imaging – A technique unique to the TrueBeam linear accelerator which enables visual verification that a tumour is being accurately and precisely targeted
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- Personalised cancer treatment combining diagnostic imaging to identify cancer cells and targeted therapy to treat the cancer.
- Treatment is currently offered for advanced prostate cancer with Lutetium-177 PSMA therapy and selected neuroendocrine tumours with Lu-177 DOTATATE therapy.
Lymphoedema screening and early intervention service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- Service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types and phases
- On-site pathology, pharmacy and radiology services offering PET-CT and CT scans
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
If you have a current COVID 19 infection, please contact the site prior to attending.