Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2018. Located on Mulgrave Private Hospital’s campus, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site patient parking is located on Mulgrave Private Hospital’s Lower Ground car park. Entrance via ramp.
By public transport
Bus stops are located close to Mulgrave Private Hospital grounds. Bus route numbers 802, 804, 850 and 862 service the surrounding areas. For specific information on public transport please visit Public Transport Victoria or phone 1800 800 007.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises the most advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using AlignRT – An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
Lymphoedema screening and early intervention service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- The service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Pharmacy available within Mulgrave Private Hospital
- Prostate Cancer Foundation Australia Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse available to assist prostate cancer patients
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Cancer education in Mandarin
For cancer education in Mandarin, please visit our WeChat. Please be aware this WeChat account is run by Icon’s Mainland China team and will include information on Icon’s China services. Information about services and centres in Australia is available on this website.
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.