Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2017. Located on-site at Greenslopes Private Hospital, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
On street parking is available or you can park for a fee at Greenslopes Private Hospital. Entrance via Gate 1 on Newdegate Street.
By public transport
A bus stop is conveniently located on Newdegate Street, directly outside Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Adaptive Therapy using Ethos – An advanced technique which uses the latest in radiation therapy technology to adapt radiation treatment each day to changes in the shape and size of the targeted cancer and daily natural movements in surrounding healthy organs
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- HyperArc – An advanced technique that precisely target multiple intra-cranial metastases with high doses of radiation whilst minimising doses to surrounding healthy brain tissue
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Skin brachytherapy using the Esteya system – A non-invasive, superficial radiation therapy treatment for early non-melanoma skin cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Dr Dominic Lunn
Dr Dominic Lunn
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.
Cancer education in Mandarin
For cancer education in Mandarin, please visit our WeChat. Please be aware this WeChat account is run by Icon’s Mainland China team and will include information on Icon’s China services. Information about services and centres in Australia is available on this website.