Icon Cancer Centre Chermside has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the local Brisbane community since opening in 2008. Located on-site at Chermside Medical Complex, the centre is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a comprehensive range of medical oncology services and treatment for blood disorders. The centre’s team of caring health professionals and administrative staff strive to provide personalised care and meet the individual needs of each patient and their loved ones. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Underground parking is available in the basement of the Chermside Medical Complex. Patients must display a token on their car dashboard which can be obtained from Icon’s reception team.
By public transport
Bus stops are located nearby on Gympie Road and at Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre which is located directly across the road from the complex. For public transport information, timetables and maps visit translink.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Chermside
- 25-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Minor procedures for diagnostic and prognostic purposes
- Apheresis – Procedures include therapeutic plasma exchanges and stem cell collections
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types and phases
Lymphoedema Management Program
- Prevention and early intervention, intensive management and self-management of lymphoedema
- On-site pathology and pharmacy services
- Access to allied health and support services
- Café (open 7:30am – 3:30pm) – T’s Café is located on the upper ground floor of the Chermside Medical Complex and offers breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Chermside. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.