Icon Cancer Centre Townsville has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the North Queensland community since opening in 2013. The centre is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a comprehensive range of medical oncology services and treatment for blood disorders. With a focus on regional and remote cancer care, Icon Townsville has developed a fully integrated telehealth service to offer greater convenience whilst continuing to support patients, families and their primary care providers. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site parking is available – entrance via Bayswater Road or Oxford Street. There is also street parking available on Oxford Street.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Townsville
- 18-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Minor procedures for diagnostic and prognostic purposes
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types and phases
- Pre-admission education clinic
- On-site pathology and pharmacy services
- Access to telehealth, allied health and support services
- Access to Cancer Council Queensland volunteer
- Free Wi-Fi
Dr Richard Corkill
Dr Richard Corkill
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.