Icon Cancer Centre Auchenflower – proudly delivers world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for residents in South East Queensland. Led by a collegial network of experienced cancer specialists, our centre provides radiation oncology services and works closely with our nearby medical oncology and haematology centre at the Wesley Hospital to provide an integrated experience. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
There is a patient drop-off zone available onsite at Wesley Specialist Centre. Car parking is available across the road within the grounds of The Wesley Hospital. This car park is accessible from the corner of Lang Parade and Chasely Street.
By public transport
The centre is conveniently located beside Auchenflower railway station.
The bus stop and CityCat ferry are both located on Coronation Drive and within walking distance.
For public transport information, timetables and maps visit translink.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Auchenflower
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian Halcyon 2.0 linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types
Lymphoedema Screening and Early Intervention Service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- Service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Access to allied health, pharmacy and support services
- Free WiFi
- Onsite café at Wesley Specialist Centre