Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham has proudly delivered world-class, exceptional cancer care close to home for the local community since opening in 2018. The centre is led by a team of highly experienced cancer specialists who provide a wide range of cutting-edge treatment options including radiation therapy, chemotherapy and treatment for blood disorders. Our dedicated, multidisciplinary team are committed to understanding each patient’s individual needs and supporting them throughout their treatment journey. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-street parking is located around the centre on Civic Boulevard and Central Promenade.
By public transport
The closest bus stop is located on Contest Parade, about a four minute walk from the centre. Bus routes 555, 548 and 549 service the area, including Rockingham train station. For specific information on public transport options, please visit Transperth or phone 13 62 13.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham
- 15-chair day oncology hospital, offering chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapy
- Scalp cooling system – Cooling cap available to help reduce hair loss during chemotherapy treatment
- Treatment for malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, including administration of supportive therapies and blood products such as hormone treatments, bisphosphonates and iron infusions
- Minor procedures for diagnostic and prognostic purposes
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using Varian’s IDENTIFY System – An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- Triggered Imaging – A technique unique to the TrueBeam linear accelerator which enables visual verification that a tumour is being accurately and precisely targeted
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- Access to Cancer Council, allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.