Icon Cancer Centre Norwest provides the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment. Located on-site at Norwest Private Hospital, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care, close to home, every step of the way. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site patient parking is available within the Norwest Private Hospital carpark. Free street parking is also available in the Norwest precinct.
By public transport
Bus stops are located close to Norwest Private Hospital grounds. Bus route numbers 664, 665, 715 and 745 have stops directly at Norwest Private Hospital and service surrounding areas. Bus routes 664 and 715 go directly from Norwest Metro Station. Bus route 665 also services surrounding areas and requires a walk to the hospital. For specific information on public transport please visit Public Transport NSW or phone 131 500.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Norwest
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- HyperArc – An advanced technique that precisely target multiple intra-cranial metastases with high doses of radiation whilst minimising doses to surrounding healthy brain tissue
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using Varian’s IDENTIFY System- An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
Cancer education in Mandarin
For cancer education in Mandarin, please visit our WeChat. Please be aware this WeChat account is run by Icon’s Mainland China team and will include information on Icon’s China services. Information about services and centres in Australia is available on this website.