Icon Cancer Centre Moreland has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2019. Located on-site at John Fawkner Private Hospital, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free on-site parking is available for all patients undergoing treatment. Parking is located adjacent to John Fawkner Private Hospital.
By public transport
The 510 bus service stops directly outside John Fawkner Private Hospital. Tram Line 6 (Stops 130 – 133) and Tram Line 19 (stops 26 – 30) offer access to a number of drop off locations within 15 minutes walk of the hospital. The Upfield train line stops at Moreland Station, which is a four minute walk away. For more information on public transport options, please visit Public Transport Victoria or phone 1800 800 007.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Moreland
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian Halcyon 2.0 linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- Co-located with John Fawkner Private Hospital offering chemotherapy
- Pharmacy available within John Fawkner Private Hospital
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.