Icon Cancer Centre Maroochydore has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques close to home in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2010. The centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Icon Maroochydore also offers on-site haematology consultations. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
There is ample free on-site parking for patients.
By public transport
There is a bus stop located 140 metres from the centre on the corner of Wises Road and Kayleigh Drive that travels to Maroochydore, Kawana, Bokarina, Dicky Beach and Caloundra. For specific information on public transport options, please visit Translink or phone 13 12 30.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Maroochydore
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- HyperArc – An advanced technique that precisely target multiple intra-cranial metastases with high doses of radiation whilst minimising doses to surrounding healthy brain tissue
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Rapid Access Palliative Therapy – Supporting patients with rapid access to palliative radiation therapy to improve quality of life and control symptoms
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
- On-site consultations for patients with malignant and non-malignant blood disorders
- Cancer care coordination – A dedicated coordinator is available to support patients and their loved ones from when they receive their diagnosis, through their treatment and beyond
- Access to allied health, including on-site social worker
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Maroochydore. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.