Icon Cancer Centre Springfield has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2015. Located on-site at Mater Private Hospital Springfield, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way. Our patients are seen by one doctor for the duration of their treatment.
Free parking is available in the Mater Private Hospital’s main car park (accessible via Health Care Drive). Please take the pulled parking ticket to our friendly Icon Springfield reception team for your parking to be validated. There is also a designated drop off zone located outside the main hospital entrance.
By public transport
Springfield Central train station is located 1.6km from the centre, which is about a 20 minute walk. There are buses that travel from the train station to the hospital, with the closest stop only a two-minute walk to the centre. For specific timetables, please contact Translink or phone 13 12 30.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Springfield
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Rapid Access Palliative Therapy – Supporting patients with rapid access to palliative radiation therapy to improve quality of life and control symptoms
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- No private health insurance required; up to 90% of fee covered by Medicare
Lymphoedema screening and early intervention service
- Screening for lymphoedema risk using a SOZO machine, the latest in technology for cancer-related lymphoedema
- Service includes ongoing monitoring of the development and/or progression of lymphoedema
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Springfield. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.