Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2014. Located on-site at Gold Coast University Hospital, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way.
Car parking is available for a fee at Gold Coast University Hospital. Entrance via Hospital Boulevard which is adjacent to Parklands Drive.
By public transport
Gold Coast University Hospital has its own bus stop which is about a two-minute walk to the centre and has bus services from across the Gold Coast attending, as well as from both the Nerang and Helensvale train stations. For specific timetables, please contact Translink or phone 13 12 30.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- Access to clinical trials across a wide range of tumour types
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Dr Preeti Bagga
Dr Preeti Bagga
Cancer education in Mandarin
For cancer education in Mandarin, please visit our WeChat. Please be aware this WeChat account is run by Icon’s Mainland China team and will include information on Icon’s China services. Information about services and centres in Australia is available on this website.
Please note that the following COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast University Hospital. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.