Icon Cancer Centre Cairns (Liz Plummer) has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in 2011. Located on-site at Liz Plummer Cancer Care Centre, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way.
Car parking is available in the multi-storey car park building next to the cancer centre (hourly rates apply). Entrance via Digger Street.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Cairns (Liz Plummer)
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using AlignRT – An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- Access to allied health and support services
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.