Icon Cancer Centre Concord has proudly provided the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques in a friendly and supportive environment since opening in early 2022. Located on-site at Concord Repatriation General Hospital, the centre offers cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way.
Icon Cancer Centre Concord (Radiation Oncology) is located on the Lower Ground level of the Rusty Priest Building (Building 60).
Free on-site parking is available for patients undergoing treatment. The car park is located on Hospital Road, across from the main entrance.
By public transport
Routes 410, 458 and 460 are available on Hospital Road. Additional services are available nearby. Route 460 is an infrequent service. For specific timetables, please visit www.transportnsw.info or phone 13 15 00.
Access Sydney Community Transport provides transport to medical appointments for those who are living independently but are transport disadvantaged. For more information call 8241 8000 or visit their website.
Treatment and care at Icon Cancer Centre Concord
- Precise radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types using a state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – A technique for breast cancer patients that reduces the potential impact of radiation on the heart
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – A technique that utilises advanced imaging equipment and computer software (including MRI, CT and x-ray) to precisely target a tumour with radiation beams
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – A technique that delivers high dose radiation therapy to cancerous tumours, while limiting the impact of radiation on healthy surrounding tissue
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – An advanced technique that delivers pinpoint precise radiation therapy to treat small tumours with well-defined edges, including tumours that have spread from a primary cancer
- Superficial Radiation Therapy using the WOmed T-105 system – A non-invasive, superficial radiation therapy treatment for early non-melanoma skin cancer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (SGRT) using Varian’s IDENTIFY system – An advanced technology that delivers highly-accurate radiation therapy without the need to have permanent tattoo marks
- Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT) – A technique that delivers radiation therapy beams in a series of arcs or angles by a rotating machine to allow for greater access to a cancerous tumour
- Cancer care coordination – A dedicated coordinator is available to support patients and their loved ones from when they receive their diagnosis, through their treatment and beyond
- Integrated with Concord Repatriation General Hospital cancer services, including chemotherapy and medical imaging
- Cancer Care Coordinator
- Access to allied health, pharmacy, pathology and support services
- Access to onsite accommodation
- Free Wi-Fi
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions are currently in place at Icon Cancer Centre. One support person is permitted who must be aged over 16 years old, and patients and staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Our centre remains open for all patient treatments and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the current restrictions.