As per Queensland Government directive, 11 South East Queensland LGAs are in a lockdown as of 4 pm Saturday 31 July. As an essential healthcare service, Icon Cancer Centre remains open for all patient treatments and appointments during this period.
A reminder that you can leave your household to access healthcare, and it is important that patients continue with their scheduled visits during this time. Please be reassured that we are undertaking the most stringent hygiene practices and screening measures to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and doctors. As per Queensland Health directive, please ensure you wear a mask on your way to your appointment; we will provide you a fresh one upon arrival.
It is important that you contact your centre for further advice before visiting if any of the following apply to you.
- If you have been directed to isolate, and you have an appointment at Icon Cancer Centre within the 14-day quarantine period, please contact your centre for further advice
- If you have been in close contact with an infected person or a person who has been identified as a close contact of a case, please contact your centre for further advice
- If you have visited any of the identified hotspot locations during the listed time
Visitor restrictions are in place
Accompanying visitors are not permitted at health facilities as per Queensland Health’s directive. This includes Icon Cancer Centre sites in South East Queensland. If you require an essential support person, please contact your centre for further advice.
Do not attend the centre if you have any symptoms
We urge patients not to attend the centre and get tested if they, or anyone they live with, develop any COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are mild. Anyone being tested must isolate until the test results are received.
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Other symptoms people may experience include muscle or joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea and/or vomiting and loss of appetite.
We understand that the current COVID-19 situation may be concerning to you and your family and we are here to support you.
If you are an Icon patient and have concerns regarding this announcement, please contact your local Icon Cancer Centre during business hours.