As we continue to face the COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) global pandemic, we want to reassure you that we are undertaking the most stringent hygiene practices and screening measures to ensure your safety within each and every one of our centres at Icon. We also need to protect the health of our staff so that they can remain with you during your treatment journey.
First and foremost, we must screen for anyone who might be infected before they arrive at an Icon centre. As an Icon patient, you will have been sent a text message asking you to contact us if you:
- have travelled in the last 14 days
- have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- have a fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or a cough
- if you are living with someone in self-isolation
Because of this first line screening measure, we are fielding many calls from patients who are generally being cautious and wanting to do the right thing to keep themselves, other patients and our staff safe. We review this screening measure every day in line with the changes in government advice.
Within Icon centres, our staff are vigilant for anyone displaying symptoms. You may be provided with a mask and assessed in one of our consulting rooms if you display symptoms or if anyone accompanying you does. We have several additional precautions in place, such as:
- Limiting our visitors so that we can provide more space in our waiting area
- Removed frequently handled magazines and other items from the waiting area
- Fast tracking patients in waiting areas to ensure that close contact periods (see below) with individuals other than your treating staff are not exceeded
- Providing additional hand sanitising stations for everyone to use. Hand sanitiser has been identified as the best alternative to handwashing. You should use our hand sanitiser when you arrive, when you leave and before you eat anything.
A team of our medical staff are continuously reviewing our safety precautions in line with government advice and community infection numbers.