Icon is dedicated to ensuring the ongoing safety of our patients and staff. We are currently rolling out a COVID-19 screening process across our centres for all staff, patients, support people, visitors, contractors, medical reps and delivery people who attend our centres.
Patients with a mobile phone will receive an SMS on the day prior to their appointment with instructions on how to self-screen, before arriving at our cancer centres. For those patients without a mobile phone, screening paperwork will be made available to complete at the centre on arrival.
Visitors, contractors, medical representatives, delivery people
Everyone attending our cancer centres will be required to undertake COVID-19 screening on arrival. Those with a phone camera will be able to scan a QR code at the entrance of the centre and complete the screening questionnaire. For those without a mobile phone, screening paperwork will be made available to complete at the centre on arrival.
The screening system will ask the questions related to:*:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Recent travel from overseas/interstate or from a COVID-19 hotspot
- Close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19 testing and results
*Questions are subject to change, over time.
Patients undertaking the SMS screening will receive a reply with either:
- A ‘thank you’ response advising them to arrive for their appointment as planned, and asking them to show the message on arrival OR
- A response to call the centre and follow up BEFORE arriving at centre