Some important questions that you should ask your doctor or specialist before starting exercise include:1
- Can I do any type of exercise, or are there some exercises I should avoid?
- Are there any precautions you should take, if you have equipment relating to treatment attached to you (i.e. pumps for chemotherapy)?
- Can you recommend a healthcare professional who specializes in exercise programs for people with cancer?
- Am I able to be physically active whilst undergoing treatment?
- Can I start exercising now, or do I need to have a tests/checkup first?